- Education for the poor is LARGELY inaccessible due to insufficient government funding and high fees are involved for: Teacher, books, stationary, uniform, exams...and even bicycle parking!
- Children are forced to work to survive (including the young ones!) instead of being in school. Families from the slum areas are unable to afford the opportunity cost for education which leads to their children ending up on the streets working or being easy targets for traffickers.
- An estimated 2,000,000 children commence Primary School yearly in Cambodia; only 25% of these students reach Grade 9, and less than 7% complete Grade 12.
HOW WE ADDRESS IT
- Feeding Dreams Cambodia provides free education programs for these deprived children with the following:
- -Kindergarten Program -Preschool Program -English literacy and Numeracy education -Computer training program -School health programs & morality -Football (soccer) program -Notebooks, pens, pencils, ruler, crayons etc for students -Textbooks and student worksheets -Teachers resources including whiteboard markers and erasers -We provide quality employment opportunities for 27 poor Khmer staff
- Feeding Dreams free education programs & school health programs are accredited by the Department of Education, Youth and Sports, and each student receives a nationally recognized Graduation Certificate.
- Every child we free from enslaved child labour and place in school systems is one more step to ending cycles of family poverty. For many of our students the few hours at school is the only time they get to be "kids" -free from the hardships of collecting rubbish and chronic hunger.
- Innovative teachers combined with established curriculums provide the perfect learning environment for our little ones to thrive. The children love coming to Feeding Dreams where they can play, learn, eat and have some sense of a childhood.
- Ongoing support is also provided to support to the older students so that they can have the chance to receive a tertiary education.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT
You can help to provide education for the poor and to those who have not been able to afford formal primary or high school education, to gain respectable employment via their Education in English (Math and Computer).
- US$50 will provide 150 exercise books for our children
- US$180 - US$300 per month sponsors a teacher's salary
Every dollar makes a difference!