Volunteering Program in Teaching & Education
WE OFFER VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES THAT MAKE A REAL CONNECTION AND DIFFERENCE.
As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to work closely and personally with impoverished children who need lots of care, love and support.
We welcome people of all ages and backgrounds; individuals, families or groups. No formal qualifications are necessary. If you are enthusiastic, have a flexible attitude and are humanitarian by nature, we would love to have you volunteer with us.
Volunteer periods can be from a few days to 1 month, with most volunteers staying for an average of 2 weeks. There are no specific start dates and we welcome volunteers year round. Longer term volunteer periods are on application and need basis only.
WE SPECIALIZE IN GROUP VOLUNTEER AND ADVENTURE EXPERIENCES for a period of up to 2 weeks on ground, fully catered for, from collection at the airport on arrival until departure.
Volunteer with our Education and School Meals Program
Feeding Dreams educates over 800 students of all ages daily from very poor backgrounds. If you speak fluent English, you can contribute significantly in our classrooms of highly enthusiastic and happy kids. We have a great local Khmer teacher in every classroom who will guide you into assisting and becoming involved with the students. Creativity and interaction is encouraged.
• You may select which age group of children you would prefer to work with; Kinder kids, pre-schoolers, 8 to 12 year olds or teenagers. Volunteer will help with teaching English, basic Maths, reading stories, and games
• Help our cooks distribute over 600 meals daily to our students
Volunteer with our Community Support Program
Feeding Dreams works with our student’s families; who are living in poverty in urban slums; families who have been discarded and deserted. They may be illiterate, suffering sickness, disability or exploitation and with our support, guidance and assistance, we can work towards restoring their hope and dignity.
• Spend time in the field with our Community Staff, interviewing, assessing, photographing and profiling new families enduring dire situations.
• Computer work – writing and editing profiles of families in need of ongoing support and sponsorship for our website after assessment.
Volunteer Program times
You can choose to work the morning shift from 8am - 11am or the afternoon shift from 2pm - 6pm, or you are welcome to do both.
Perhaps you may like to work half day, and sight-see the other half. Our Voluntourism Manager will be happy to organise tours at grass roots prices for you.
Our school is open from Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays) so the weekends are for you to enjoy.
Volunteer Program placement fee
We kindly require a one off Compulsory Donation of US$450. This fee helps us to continue to provide our free services to poor families as well as provide staff to look after you prior to and during your stay. You will receive:
• Online support and advice prior to your arrival
• Booking and confirmation of your preferred accommodation requirement **
• free Transfer from the airport upon arrival to your accommodation
• free Orientation tour of Siem Reap town and handy tips on services and restaurants
• free Transport to and from Feeding Dreams Centre on your first day of volunteering
• Induction at Feeding Dreams Cambodia on your first day
• On the ground support and contact during your stay
• Certificate of Participation upon completion of our Volunteer Aid Program
** Feeding Dreams words in partnership with participating hotels to offer special rates for our volunteers.
click here to read- VOLUNTEERING IN CAMBODIA - The Sydney Morning Herald - by Journalist Larissa Ham